Tengu USB Interface
The Tengu USB Interface is a PC application that allows you to interact directly with your Yakuza Series USB board. It provides the capability to update the firmware, customize the boot screen graphics, and load/modify/save settings. Additional features are continually added to correspond with new releases of board firmware, so it is important that you download the latest version of Tengu each time you update your board.
1. Computer with a USB port and running Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.
2. 'Mini-B' to 'A' USB cable (commonly used with digital cameras, Blackberrys, etc.)
3. Windows XP users will need the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, available from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/cc378097.aspx. Windows Vista and Windows 7 include the .NET Framework by default, so nothing else is needed to utilize Tengu.
1. If using Windows XP, download and install the .NET Framework from Microsoft. If using Windows Vista or Windows 7, you're fine!
2. Download the latest version of the Tengu USB interface from this website (Tengu 1.02). The executable can be placed anywhere on your computer and does not require an installation routine. The USB drivers are built into Windows.
Yakuza Series USB Board Installation:
1. Power off the Yakuza or Ebisu USB board.
2. Remove/disconnect the battery.
3. Using the mini-B USB cable, connect the board to the computer.
4. The board will automatically be recognized as an HID USB device. Wait patiently while Windows finds and installs the necessary drivers.
5. Windows may notify you that a reboot is required to finish installation.
6. After the board has been recognized, run the Tengu application to use the USB interface.
Mangled Manual, courtesy of Travis Hartmann (who also does the new stock manuals for Bob Long Technologies). While specifically for the Marq/Vice boards, it has many more pictures plus in-depth explanations of the Yakuza series, operation, and settings, which apply to all the Yakuza USB products:
Standard Tengu only manual:
Firmware listing and compatible Tengu versions (right click and "save as" to download a file):
Please view the changelog.txt for detailed feature additions and changes.
Latest Firmware Releases, Compatible with Tengu 1.02:
Bootscreens (right click image, save to your computer, then use Tengu to load it onto your board):
Default Horizontal Tadao:
Default Vertical Tadao:
As requested, Will's rising sun and helix designs: